Friday, February 8, 2008

Anonymous comments enabled

I was just looking through the list of settings for the blog and I came across the settings which allow anonymous comments. I noticed I have virtually no comments or feedback and I was wondering if this was because there were no readers, no interest or because of the clearly flawless analysis I have been posting. I anyone has tried and failed to leave their comments anonymously this should now be possible. I would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any to give.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So! I can post analysis here now if I wish. In that case, I will.

Now then, in the variation given after Black's 18 .... fxe4 you suggest the improvement 21. Bf3, which should give White the opportunity to consolidate. But the previous variation (against 21. Bh1) seems to present similar ideas for Black to make some progress.

After 22. Bh1, Ba6; 23. Rfd1, Black could now try 23.... Qd6. The point of this move is that Black is still threatening 24.... Ne2t, and the invasion of the Queen into g3 still causes White many problems. In fact, the weak squares around White's King will possibly cause him terminal problems.

The move 23.... Qd6 is quite difficult to meet. For example, 24. Nh1, Nxh3t; 24. Nf1, Nxh3t; 25. Nxh3, Rxf3; 24. Qe3, Nxh3t; 25. Nxh3, Qg3t.

24. Re1, seems to be the best try, especially since the Black d pawn is sill pinned. But here Black can still make progress with 24.... Ne2t; 25. Rxe2, Rxf3;

Now neither 26. e5, Rg3t; 27. Kh1, Qc6; or 26. Nxf3, Qg3t; 27. Kf1, Qxf3; seem adequate for White. In this last variation all the pins appear to make White's position untennable, with a potential sequence such as 28. Ke1, Rf8; 29. Re3, Qh1t; a nice illustration of this. A bit like my finish against Brunswick and Isouard actually.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

just to let you know I am enjoying your blog, and appreciate the clarity of your commentary. Sorry I haven't had time to look and suggest any improvements/alternatives in the analysis - hopefully I will in the future.
Cheers
Ian